I was craving pizza all day today, and even though it is my “cheat day” I didn’t want to blow all the work I have done this week by ordering a pizza, so I decided to make one. I remembered seeing a recipe on a blog or Pinterest for pizza with a cauliflower crust and decided to give it a shot.
A quick google search brought me to several recipes. I picked one that looked pretty good, modified it a bit, and it turned out great! It has a different consistency than I am used to, but I really enjoyed it. Sorry pizza fans, you can’t pick this up by the slice and eat it, you are going to have to use a fork and plate. It’s worth it though!
This recipe serves three people.
Healthy (yummy) pizza
- 1/2 head cauliflower riced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450
- Take riced cauliflower and microwave for four minutes, uncovered.
- Combine cauliflower, garlic, onion salt, egg, and Italian seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- On a greased cookie sheet, form mixture into a circle to form the pizza crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Here is what I put on my pizza, but everyone has their own tastes, so get creative!
Ingredients for pizza
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 artichoke hearts
- 13 slices of turkey pepperoni
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons light ranch dressing
Direction for pizza
- After the crust is done baking, remove from oven, turn on broiler.
- Spread ranch dressing over crust.
- add 1/2 cup of cheese over the dressing.
- Add artichoke hearts, pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes (long enough for cheese to melt.
- Cut into slices and enjoy! (serves three)
This recipe gets an A from CalorieCount.com
This is the nutrition information I came up with for each serving of the CRUST ONLY if you want to try different toppings.
This is the nutrition information for one serving (1/3 of the pizza) for the toppings I used.
Note: This post was originally published on my other blog: http://www.fitwithlynn.wordpress.com